May 17, 2021
Our Favorite Anti-Aging Skincare Regimen
I’m sure you’ve heard this a million times from us, and I’m going to tell you again: it is NEVER too early to invest in your skin. To have healthy, radiant skin later, we need to start taking care of it now. I understand it can be hard. There’s an overwhelming amount of skincare products on the market and finding a routine that works best for you can take a very long time. Trust me, I see the appeal in not worrying about skincare. But, I am here to tell you that having a skincare regimen is essential, and to help you find a place to start. So, here are the 6 steps in our favorite anti-aging skincare regimen.
- For best results, we recommend double-cleansing. Go in with an oil-based cleanser first to remove any dirt and make up, and then go in with a gentle cleanser afterwards that won’t strip your skin of it’s natural oils.
- Toner is a necessary step, especially for those with oily/acne prone skin. We recommend one that exfoliates and tones the skin with active ingredients such as salicylic acid!
- This is obviously our FAVORITE step here at Intoxicated. Serums are great at targeting a variety of skin concerns because they’re so full of potent ingredients. Our Snail Serum is the perfect, fast-acting anti-aging serum!
- Eye cream
- The skin around the eyes is thinner than anywhere else on your face, so therefore it needs a little extra attention. It’s super important to keep them hydrated to ensure that the skin is firm and plump and wrinkles are less noticeable.
- Moisturizer is a necessary step for everyone, even those not too fond of skincare. If you haven’t been implementing moisturizer into your skincare routine yet, I’m not sure how you’re surviving. Moisturizer is absolutely essential to keep your skin hydrated and strong. Lucky for you, our new moisturizer, Antidote, is a fantastic hydrator and also contains strong anti-aging ingredients such as Venuceane.
- SPF (only in the morning)
- The sun is the biggest culprit of skin aging. It reduces collagen production and creates issues with skin pigmentation. SPF is mandatory for the perfect anti-aging routine. Lots of people skip this step because they haven’t found an SPF that works well for them or just automatically believe that they’re all too thick and oily. However, there are so many weightless sunscreen options on the market! It is so beyond worth it to invest your time and money into finding one that you love.
- A bonus weekly step: Face masks
- Face masks work extra hard to hydrate and strengthen your skin. They’re full of active ingredients and can be just the thing to help your skin revive!